Profiling is a great coaching tool to develop an overview of a player as an individual and as a sports person. It also assists in identifying strengths and weaknesses.
A player profile can be as basic or as detailed as required to develop a picture and understanding of the player that is appropriate to their age and level. You should undertake player profiling at the start of each season, to begin with a good level of knowledge of each of your players.
A player profile can include:
- Personal details, including emergency contact information
- Physical attributes and parameters
- General health, illnesses, and allergies
- Injury screening (past and present)
- Personality traits and coachability
- Sporting profile (sports played, including positions if applicable, and sport-specific skills).